Recommended For Breast Augmentation
Candidates for breast augmentation surgery are usually women who are not happy with their current appearance. For many women, a breast increase allows them to look and feel more feminine and pleasing. Cosmetic surgery patients who decide for a breast job can get inspiration from celebrities’ plastic surgery news and their excellent pictures. In some women, there may be a disproportionate size of the breast, either congenital or due to a particular condition, which causes them discomfort. They also decide on any breast augmentation surgery.
Not Recommended For Breast Augmentation
There are many types of breast augmentation. Every one of them includes different techniques and materials, and as a result – almost all women are suitable to undergo this kind of plastic surgery. A reasonable expectation about what your new breasts should look like and your determination to undergo breast augmentation surgery is usually sufficient.
Number Of Trips Abroad
Discharge From Hospital
Many women want to increase their breast size. While there are certain ways to achieve a natural breast enlargement, still, the most effective way remains a breast augmentation surgery. Breast augmentation(commonly known as a boob job) is a cosmetic surgery procedure to increase breast size and enhance breast shape and these goals may be achieved by many methods, including breast implants and fat transfer breast augmentation.
Various types of breast augmentation may bring different effects, for this reason, it is important to get the proper information from one's plastic surgeon before deciding on any cosmetic surgery.
Types of Breast Augmentation
There are several types of breast augmentation, including:
• Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation – in fat transfer breast augmentation, surgeons increase breast size with patient's fat, harvested through liposuction from other parts of the body such as lower abdomen or buttocks. Fat transfer breast augmentation offers an alternative to more popular breast implants, in which no artificial materials are used.
• Silicone Breast Implants – Silicone breast implants are currently the most popular material used in breast augmentation surgery. It brings women to full, shaped breasts and guarantees the desired size, but they need to be replaced after a few years.
• Saline Breast Implants – While saline breast implants may not be as popular as silicone implants, they attract the attention of many women, especially those who do not trust silicone breast implants enough. Saline implants are filled with a sterile saline solution, like saltwater, and underneath very thin skin, folds of a saline implant might be seen or felt more often which may lead to "rippling".
Additionally, apart from materials used in breast augmentation surgery, we can divide breast implants with regard to their shape. These are:
• Round Implants– together with silicone implants, constitute the absolute classics of breast augmentation surgery. Round breast implants aim to make breasts appear fuller than form-stable implants. However, in recent years round implants become less popular due to their supposed ‘unnatural’ shape comparing to teardrop implants. However, still many women aren’t ashamed that they had a boob job, more than that, they are proud of their decision and ready to accentuate it with round implants.
• Teardrop Implants – teardrop breast implants are the ideal choice to those patients who didn’t want to decide for breast augmentation surgery with breast implants due to their supposedly unnatural shape. Teardrop implants offer a breast increase together with a more natural look and shape.However, as a disadvantage, teardrop implants will be more noticeable if they rotate out of place since they aren’t the same shape on all sides.
Considering the high-quality treatment options offered abroad, the cost of breast augmentation surgery can be advantageous. For example, in Turkey, breast augmentation prices are cheap compared to many European countries. Besides the cost advantage, the clinics and doctors are well-experienced and very successful.
Although types of breast augmentation surgeryvary in many details, it is possible to give a short guide to the preparation process for this plastic surgery. First of all, it is necessary to inform your plastic surgeon about medical conditions you have and also medication you are already taking. Secondly, if you smoke, try to quit, as smoking slows down and negatively affect your recovery. Finally, in some types of breast augmentation surgery, it may be necessary to fast for some hours before the cosmetic surgery starts.
The recovery period in breast augmentation surgery can take various forms depending on the type of breast augmentation procedure, the materials used, and the general health of the patient. Recommendations that should be followed after breast augmentation surgery usually include wearing tight clothing, a support garment or special bras to reduce swelling and bruising adequate rest, and light exercise. Additionally, some patients may have a drain installed in order to remove unnecessary fluid gathering in newly made breasts after the surgery.
The breast augmentation procedure inevitably leads to scars. However, with the development of knowledge and experience regarding breast-related procedures increase, surgeons are currently able to avoid obvious breast augmentation scars. Incisions are often made in places possible to hide under underwear. In the same time, breast augmentation scars become smaller and smaller and partially fade with time, giving a more natural look to one’s new breasts.
Breast augmentation surgery may sometimes cause risks and complications, has a wide range of degree from mild to severe. Apart from the risks associated with anesthesia in each surgery, possible breast enlargement complications are infections, bleeding, pain, change in the position, and rupture of breast implants. Additionally, in fat transfer breast augmentation, there is a possibility of tissue necrosis.
To most significant side effects of breast enlargement belong bruising, swelling and changes in nipple and breast sensation, but these conditions pass with time.
As for breast implants, these need to be changed every 10-15 years to avoid possible complications.
What Is a Breast Augmentation?
Back To Work
Breast augmentation is a process in which doctors help patients to increase breast size and enhance the breast shape by using various methods, including fat transfer breast augmentation, breast implants, and others.
Is Breast Increase Possible without Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Yes, it is possible in some cases. Natural breast augmentation is currently a strong trend among women, but it never can achieve as spectacular results as in breast augmentation procedure.
What Does Breast Augmentation Post Op Include?
Breast augmentation recovery involves physical activity and wearing the special post-op garment in order to avoid swelling and bruising.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in July, 2019.